Pacific Chess Academy recognizes and respects the uniqueness of each child.
Our mission is to foster a love of learning in each student. They learn to follow their curiosity, to think creatively, and to work both independently and cooperatively with others. We give each child support and encouragement to become his or her own unique self.
What is chess? Game? Sport? Art? All together and much more!
This game can benefit your children in many ways:
* Chess teaches kids to have goals and to overcome obstacles
* Chess helps children to develop critical thinking skills
* Chess teaches patience, concentration and enhances mathematical skills
* Chess makes children think logically and rationally
* Chess improves social and communication skills
* Chess helps your children to make new friends.
* Chess teach kids to play well and reinforce their reading and writing skills at the same time.
How it works
Our lessons are an after school program, and are held directly at schools.
Lessons are based on students’ ages and knowledge of the game. By the end of the first semester beginners will be able to implement chess tactics and will understand basic opening ideas. Students with previous chess experience will learn more about chess strategies and will compete in tournaments at more advanced levels. Each lesson lasts 60 minutes and consists of instructions, analysis and tournament games during which students play each other. Our lessons are fun and easy to follow, and include individual written instructions to practice at home.
How to start
Interested in our chess program? We can provide your school with any additional details. Please feel free to contact us, and we will gladly give you the information about our availability for specific location, time and day of week.
Facts you need to know
*We are professional teachers
*We require all our instructors to pass the thorough background check
*We have a General Liability Insurance with $1M coverage.
INTERESTED IN STARTING CHESS AT YOUR SCHOOL?